Canta y Baila ConmigoTM (english page)
WHAT IS CyBC™?
Canta y Baila Conmigo is an innovative music and movement curriculum in Spanish for children 0-5 and their caregivers that offers:
- a fun and motivating Spanish immersion experience
- a solid foundation for early musical development
- class activities that promote cognitive, language, motor and social skills
- exposure through music to the cultures and traditions of Spanish speaking countries
Canta y Baila Conmigo was originally created to fill a void in quality early childhood enrichment programs in Spanish for bilingual children. In the six years since its inception, Canta y Baila Conmigo has proven its appeal to a variety of families:
- Native Spanish speakers looking for a quality educational program in Spanish
- Parents with a Hispanic background wanting to reconnect their families with their language and culture
- Non-Spanish speakers who recognize the advantages of second language acquisition and who want to learn along with their kids
- Families looking for a fun weekly activity to share with their children, or for children to enjoy with their Spanish-speaking caregivers
Each enrolled family receives a beautiful songbook and an accompanying CD with the 26 songs featured in each collection.
Additional materials currently in the development phase include board books based on favorite songs, coloring pages, piano accompaniment books for family play along, exclusive web content and more.
Canta y Baila Conmigo™: June 23th – July 28th
- Friday: Teacher Josh Perry-Parrish, 9:45AM
Summer classes meet 45 minutes once a week for 6 weeks. For more information please contact Kristen. You may also leave a message for Julius at the Abbott Church office at 410-276-6207
Tuition includes classes once a week for 10 weeks, a CD and a songbook.
- tuition $110
- tuition for families returning from the Spring semester $100
- additional siblings under 9 months – Free!
- one or more siblings 9 months and over – $35.00
Send us an email at (AbbottCenterfortheArts@gmail.com) with your 1) class preference 2) child’s name and birthday 3) payment preference, paypal or check and 4) if you’re registering any additional siblings over 9 months. For new families, please include a primary contact phone number and home mailing address. If you prefer, you can also leave a message at the church office at 410-276-6207 with this information.
We’ll get back to you with an appropriate invoice and confirmation. We ask you pay in full one week before class so that we can add additional families if space allows.
If the class you request is full, we’ll let you know and keep you on a waiting list.